Dr Luke Madden
Luke started his health journey back in 2000 when he first studied human movement. After completing study he worked as a personal trainer in both private studios and in gym settings. After working with thousands of clients, and studying extensively, Luke wanted to have a bigger impact on his clients lives.
While as a trainer Luke specialised in rehabilitation, he believed that there was only so much a trainer can advise and assist. He had dealt with many clients who had seen their doctor, physio, chiro, surgeon etc and had come to him, broke and still broken. Luke returned to University to study Medical Science and Osteopathy.
After graduating in 2008, Luke started Miranda Health Centre, a multidisciplinary healthcare practice located in Miranda. In 2014, he started Illawong Osteo after realising the demand for both Osteopathic and Chiropractic services in the Illawong/Menai area was limited.
When Luke is not at Illawong Osteo or Miranda Health Centre, he travels nationally teaching Dry Needling to Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Physiotherapists and General Practitioners.
To make an appointment with Dr Luke Madden, feel free to call us on 9524 8862.
What Techniques Does Dr Luke Madden Utilise?
- Soft Tissue Massage – with the goal of decreasing muscle tension and increasing muscle length in order to free up ‘stiff or fixated’ joints.
- Manipulation – with the goal of either increasing joint movement or stabilising structures surrounding the joint.
- Articulation/Mobilisation - with the goal of either increasing joint movement or stabilising structures surrounding the joint without a cavitation or ‘crack’ of a joint.
- Stretching - with the goal of decreasing muscle tension and increasing muscle length in order to free up ‘stiff or fixated’ joints that usually involves assistance from you in activating the muscle to maximise its length and your stretches.
- Dry Needling – with the goal of improving muscle strength, reducing muscle over-activity (or spasm) and increasing neural (your brain and nervous system’s) awareness.
- Positional Release – with the goal of reducing muscle activity by moving the joint or muscle into its position of ease and reducing neural feedback within the nervous system.
- And many, many more.
What Dos Dr Luke Madden Treat?
- Spinal and Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain and Headaches
- Pre/Post Pregnancy Pain
- Posture pain
- Childrens Pain
- Sporting Injuries
- Post Surgical Rehabilitation (ACL Reconstructions, Shoulder Arthroscopes and disc fusions)
- Shoulder and Elbow Sprains (Rotator cuff tears, impingement syndrome)
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI, Tennis Elbow, Carpal Tunnel)
- And much, much more…